10.26.2008

Day two, Solana beach.


We spent the afternoon with the most charming couple today, who my mother was introduced to through a friend. They took us to a great lunch, then coffee on a plaza rooftop, with the great food, perfect weather, and wonderful conversation, we had a wonderful time. Later in the day my mother and I walked around a busy market street not far from our hotel, and came to a large collection of booths in one beautiful building called The Leaping Lotus. I found the cutest bow barrets and a rhinestone headband.

We also came to a local antique mall, where I found a booth full of great vintage clothing. I would have bought everything in there, had I the money, and places to wear 50's prom dresses. But I did get a fabulous red bag (believe it or not, I dont have a red purse) that is much in the style of the Hermes Kelly bag, always one of my favorite classic designer purses. The bag is named after Grace Kelly, and has been around since 1956.
Now they run $25,000 if you are lucky enought to get on the waiting list to have one made for you.

This bag is from around the same era and most likely modeld after it.

7 comments:

Kim Caro said...

i am wondering how old you are. just wonderin...

Solanah said...

Hey Kim :)

I'm 19.

Giftbearer said...

Beautiful red purses! Also, that cactus behind you in the first picture is huge! I love that rounded kind of long cactus. I wish I could grow something like that here in Georgia but only prickly pears will grow outside in this area.

Solanah said...

Isnt it amazing? We took the photo there to show it and the big leafy plant off. I'm amazed at the foliage whenever I go to a different climate, here it seems to animated.

Kim Caro said...

you are probably the coolest dressed 19 yr old i have ever seen :)

deadherozine said...

wherez day 3?

Solanah said...

Thanks!

:)