9.25.2011

Pittock Deco Picnic

Photobucket

Since a few of us local gals missed The Gatsby Summer Picnic this year, we decided to lift our deco spirits a bit by having a little impromptu picnic of our own. Then we thought, hey, the more the merrier!
 So, if you're free this Thursday afternoon, put on a 20s or 30s frock, bring a picnic lunch in a pretty little basket, and join us for a casual get together on the lawn of The Pittock Mansion


Here are pics from the Gatsby picnic last year if you need inspiration! Won't be as grand of course, but still fun!

 
 If you have any questions, just email me at solanahraquel{at}gmail.com, and I'll be happy to answer them :)  

Date-Thursday, September 29th 

 Time-1:00 pm 

Place-Pittock Mansion lawn

 Attire-1920s or 1930s frocks, or something similar 

 Bring-Picnic lunch, blanket, camera!

 I'll bring some extra blankets and plates and such if you're not able to bring yours, hope to see you there! 

Photo from here.

13 comments:

Debi said...

I'm so bummed I won't be in town!!! Have an absolutely amazing time!

Butch said...

Wish people did this in England! such a lovely idea

Jade

http:91peachykeen.blogspot.com

Aimee and Harriett said...

Boo! I'd love to be there. Have an amazing time. You'll have to come to London one day doll, I promise you a grand tour of old buildings and vintage ladies!

cc

Claire Sun said...

I'm so envious with whoever could join this adorable event! Goodluck guys, and have fun <3

Anonymous said...

We had a similar event at uni, but the outfits in no way rivalled those of that which you linked to. Envy!

Amber said...

oh how I wish I could attend!

art deco dame said...

Aw I wanna go!!

Felicia said...

I love your blog!! find it very inspirational!!

xxx

sara said...

I'd love to be there, but I simply cannot bike up that hill in Gatsby-esque attire. And I'll be at work then.
Fingers crossed for a bit more sunshine for you!

Kellie Mowat said...

Hey!
So..... I was sitting here on my lunch hour, chatting with my Mom and peeking at my favorite blogs..... We came to this picture and Mom said, "Hey... is that a gun in that guys pocket?"
What kind of picnic is this anyways? ;D

Solanah said...

I noticed that too, would love to know what they were up to!

Elisabeth M said...

Thank you so much for hosting! It was absolutely lovely to break out the vintage gear in a period setting, and we all really enjoyed it. I've been doing vintage stuff for several years but never with other vintage wearers. It was awesome to meet you all.

-Elisabeth
http://theaestheticeclectic.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi again! I forgot to mention...I am putting together a few posts about people i find particularly stylish, and was hoping you would let me put up some of your photos which are of my favorite of your outfits? I will link to your blog, of course! Also I will send you a link to the finished product. A Solanah Style Shrine, if you will :)
Katie