5.13.2009

The lost bird


Today when Sam and I pulled up to work I saw a giant crow in front of the door holding a lifeless chick in it's beak and cornering another little one. I jumped out of the car and yelled "GO AWAY OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO A HAT!!" all while flailing my arms. The stupid crow seemed to get the picture, but the little bird was still scared and lost, and chirping and hopping. It could fly a few inches off the ground, and I followed it a bit down the sidewalk since another crow was eyeing it. Of course it hopped across the street in traffic, and of course I followed it. So here goes this tiny little bird hopping down the street, and a girl dressed like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz chasing after it in front of cars and pedestrians. Eventually I lost it when it went under a parked car, and Sam had to pull me into work and assured me that I had scared off the crows and the little bird would be fine. About five minutes later when we were walking to get tea I think I heard it near a building with other chicks, so I'm going to hope everything was ok. Poor little bird.
On a lighter note, I found this dress while thrifting the other day, it's by Rock Steady. It's alright, just a basic gingham dress I can accessorize with, and to make it more spring appropriate I layered a 40s peter pan collared blouse underneath. At work there was a cute bunch of millenary cherries I pinned to the strap that made it a little more exciting, but next time I will wear it with these red shoes I have on reserve, brought to my attention by Cici. Thanks Cici! The charm bracelet was my mothers, thats a picture of my big brother. I have yet to put all the charms on my charm bracelet, I'd like to start collecting them again though, I have most from a year a traveled a lot, but maybe this summer I can get some neat ones.

What a long post.

10 comments:

Twila Jean said...

I saw those shoes the moment they were listed.. and was like.. oh if I get a sale, I am buying them.

then I got a sale, and forgot to go back.lol.

I am glad they are going to a goodhome.

reilly said...

I can't wait to see what you'll wear them with! They are such an awesome shade of red.

Joshua Jessup said...

hey that's me!

Twila Jean said...

they have shot some CRAZY theme weddings and stuff, like marie antoinette stuff .. they would be super fun for your wedding and are really cheap compared to some wedding photographers.. and AMAZING

Meghan said...

Aww, poor little bird.
Love the outfit and the shoes are a great find!

Casey said...

Aw... I would have done the exact same thing with the little chick too! I hate seeing baby animals threatened by mean, old crows...

Those red shoes are amazing! Seriously envying them right now! ;)

Unknown said...

I love your outfit... and your bird battling skills!

Kitten loves vintage said...

Cute dress, and the red shoes are absolutely fantastic...

Unknown said...

well ..i like a good long post.The shoes are mad.Love them.Want them!

Rhiannon said...

I seriously thought that was a fancy '40s dress! It sure looks like it, especially with the little blouse underneath.

Aww, and poor bird! I'm not even a bit animal person, but poor little baby birds, oh dear! I'd do the same thing!