6.08.2009

Beauty Salon


Saturday my mother and I had an appointment at the Salon, I just got a much needed trim, my bangs were past my eyes!
Whenever I go there I indulge in reading fashion magazines and tabloids, and this time I flipped through the home decor magazines too. I took photos of some things I'd eventually like to do when we get our own house, like the color of the wall in that Kate Spade ad, and the lived in feel of the bedroom. I'm always attracted to Kate Spade ads because of the use of color, she has an amazing way of using just the right amount on just the right things, never overwhelming, and never dull.

Here is a little photo of my pink bow shoes I got last year in California. Cute huh?



Before our appointment we had a few minutes to check out a new vintage store on 23rd in Portland. And the next time I go to Pop Up Shoppe, I'll need more than a few minutes to look around. It's like a pretty little daydream, at least mine, with every nook and cranny filled to the ceiling with vintage clothes, accessories, and decor. Think of going into an attic and everything in there is fantastic. Only the shop is kind of in the basement...
The prices are fair, and there were plenty of 40's dresses I would have purchased had I not been saving up for the wedding/honeymoon. There was a surprising amount of children's clothing, something I always find missing in vintage shops, but love. So if you are in the area I would recommend getting lost in my vintage daydream.

Well, one of them.

8 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

One of the photo professors from my college takes a lot of the pictures for Kate Spade's ad! She shoots her catalog almost every year. cigharvey.com! (She takes a lot of pictures of herself in vintage dresses, they're in the portfolios. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely photo! And I'm so jealous that America has so many adorable, over crowded vintage stores!

Katie @ Domestic Debacle said...

The pink bow shoes are adorable! Love them!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

I love the picture of you under the dryer to cute and that shop looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun day. :) I'm in need of such pampering myself.

I'd love to get lost in that vintage shop!

Meghan said...

Aww :0) I love the pic of you at the salon.

Redheaded woman said...

The cutest shoes ever :).

ps thanks again for the blog tips

kisses hanne

AlicePleasance said...

My hairdresser has not such nice magazines to read!
Oh, and that store looks great!