12.13.2009

Style challenge


Last week I was asked if I wanted to participate in a style challenge for fashion bloggers: To turn off the heater for a day and bundle up in something stylish yet warm. I tried to think of some amazing outfit, to be cute and comfortable, but in the end I figured I'd just stay in what I lounge in everyday, it's very warm and although not glamorous, still has a hint of character. So here are my layers:

Long sleeve t-shirt

Cashmere sweater

Cotton leggings

Socks

Slippers

Pendleton wool robe

1960s fur hood

As you can see I have the most fun with the hood. Anything with little pom-poms is fun :)

I spent the day knitting a scarf for Sam and working on a new look for my blog (not in love with this one, so stay tuned while I work on it!) before doing some Christmas shopping.

I would LOVE to see what you did to stay warm this weekend, be it outerwear or loungewear, so send me pictures at solanahraquel@gmail.com and I'll post them here this week!

16 comments:

Brahdelt said...

You look so cozy in your set of clothes. ~^^~
I didn't do much to stay warm this weekend, in fact I even did less than I should have, I wore the short jacket yesterday and it was minus 5 degrees C over here!...

that girl said...

New graphics? Nice!

GPROA said...

Thank you so much. :]

And yes, please, anyone else who partcipated (or who could have participated if they'd known, or who haven't yet but could) - please do get in touch either here, on the main post (http://ukstylebloggers.onsugar.com/6481305) or email me at claire@illustratorclaire.co.uk!

That hood is GREAT, by the way. Pom-poms!

Peldyn said...

I totally bundled up since the hubby has to keep the house at a brutal 50 degrees on a regular basis. Layers are my friend! The backroom has to have the water running at night so the pipes don't freeze!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peldyn/4180208939/

The pics I took of the underneath did not turn out, boo!

Caitlin said...

That sounds like fun! We don't have very good heat, so I am bundled up on a regular bases!

Kelley Anne said...

Oh I don't know if I could do that, but you look stylish and warm! The hood is cute and I love your hair.

Stefanie Valentine said...

You look so cute! x

Maggi said...

Everything looks better with pom poms! lol

CS said...

Cute! :)

Heart Charlie said...

Aww the coat is adorable, especially that little hood which frames your face perfectly. I also LOVE that even though the heat was off, your lipstick remained a priority! viva la rouge!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love the room you are sitting in! I don't need to keep warm as we are in the midst of a Sydney steamy summer. Lovely pics. xx

Treacle said...

Cozy chic...I dig it!

Casey Maura said...

I adore your "cozy up" outfit! :) Still absolutely fun and perfectly "Solanah"! :) That hat is way, way too fun...

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Anonymous said...

I love that hood!

I keep my apartment at 60 degrees to save money. My indoor apparel includes fleece jammy pants, a sea green fleece robe and slippers. :) Nothing so stylish!

Charlotte said...

Love the pom poms - v cosy!

I also kinda feel the new blog look doesn't really suit you - since 30s is your favourite era, have you thought of going Art Deco? xx

Heather said...

I have the same flower embroidery art hanging in my bathroom!