6.24.2010

The Grilled Cheese Grill

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This afternoon I went with my aunt and her girls to The Grilled Cheese Grill for lunch. Food carts are huge here in Portland, so there's lots of competition for the best food, and coolest setup. This place was set up in a gravel lot, with the kitchen in an airstream trailer (who doesn't love an airstream?), and the dining area outside with picnic tables, and an awesome old schoolbus. We sat in the schoolbus, that had an amazing mural on the ceiling, original bus seats set up like booths, and a little bar with barstools on the other side. And the tables were covered with yearbook photos!
I had the The Hot Brie, which was great, but The Babs sounds so good, and maybe The Jaime for dessert!

And when Sam and I were walking to my grandmas, we stopped at our old house and took pictures in my old ally for old times sake. Oh how I miss that mossy old roof.
Photobucket

Dress-Kit Cornell by April Cornell

1930s hat and 1980s shoes-Urban Eccentric Vintage

14 comments:

Peldyn said...

I know how it is to miss a home. I really miss my apartment. in Germany. I had gorgeous wood floors and a forest behind me where we used to pick strawberries, raspberries and bilberries.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and outfits. Sounds like a great place :-)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

That places looks so amazing!! What a great concept!!

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

I love these photos - and your cousins are so cute. Love the whole mood of these pics, looks like a delightful day!

jessibee said...

The Grilled Cheese Grill is yum! Try the Morton sometime...it's really good. I miss the food cart centric-ness of Portland. I am so homesick this week!

Q's Daydream said...

Oh, I wanna go! and darn those cute kids for me wanting to get pregnant right now! lol
Love the outfit to pieces!

BakeliteBebe said...

I have been wanting to eat there!!!!!

Kimberly June said...

What an adorable and fun spot for a grilled cheese! Your dress is precious.

Carys said...

This dress is absolutely beautiful, lovely photos!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

you look great as usuall!

Miss Tami Lee said...

How fun! It must have been really hot in there

MarieBayArea said...

looks like such a cool place. you look really really good holding that adorable baby.

Linnéa said...

you are so cute! i love love love your hair.

My Little Boudoir said...

After seeing this post I had to stop at the Grilled Cheese Grill on a recent road trip from California to Seattle. I had the BAPS and it was amazing!!! We also went to Voo Doo Donuts for a maple/bacon bar...yum...