11.02.2011

Shop my moms closet! And mine too...

Another shop my closet post! Only this time, you can shop my mothers closet, who has some pretty beautiful items for you :) All items are sold as is, I have not attempted to mend any flaws or wash any stains. All flaws are described as best I can, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at solanahraquel [at] gmail.com. There is one item from my own collection, a black 40s princess coat. Also, thank you Twila Jean for letting me borrow your model and set! Happy shopping!

1950s Watercolor rose dress $80   Photobucket
A beautiful silk watercolor dress from the 1950s, it has a criss-cross bodice and sash like waistline. Three quarter length sleeves, and even a small petticoat built in. Dress is shown with a separate petticoat underneath, which is not included. The only flaw is a small area of thread separation on the right shoulder. Not prominent. Small, non invasive marks may be on the dress, but the watercolor print is so busy, I could not detect any that were immediately visible. Bust-34 Waist-24 Bodice-15 Skirt-26

Sold Photobucket
Late 1940s black wool princess coat $250Photobucket
This coat is from my own collection, dating from the late 40s, it's a very "New look" coat. Made from very soft black wool, it has two pockets, a fur collar, lined in black silk, shoulder pads, and even has a little padding at the hips (yes, women used to pad their hips, not try to hide them, imagine that!)

The coat is missing a button, in the photo below you can see the way it's meant to be closed, and in the photo above, the way I always just wore it. There is only one pin sized moth hole in the side skirt, not visible unless held up to light. Some of the lining has been stitched in an obvious way (not by me, I swear!), but surprisingly there's no major holes, and no stains. Bust-38 Waist-30 Length-48.5 Shoulders-16.5 Sleeves-21.5

Sold
Photobucket
1950s blue watercolor dress $80Photobucket
Another beautiful watercolor dress, this one a "Mode O' Day"! Aqua flowers print the silk, with a gathered waist, and bow and the front, and two bows at the back. A small mark on the front bodice, and a few light stains on the skirt, as shown, but they get lost in the print. Shown with a petticoat, not included. Bust-34 Waist-25 Bodice-19 Skirt-24

Sold
Photobucket
1950s black fringe wiggle dress $40Photobucket
A flirty little wiggle dress! Black rayon makes up this mid century classic, with a beautifully draped cowl neck trimmed in fringe. You'll have to do a little wiggle now and then ;) Fully lined, very very light wear under the arms, not prominent. Bust-36 Waist-25 Hips-38 Bodice-16 Skirt-22

Sold
Photobucket
1950s iridescent party dress $80 Photobucket
This dress is THE holiday dress of all holiday dresses. Iridescent silk shows off vibrant blues and purples, and sometimes in the right light, a little pink. The shelf bust is framed with an extended collar, and the nipped waist is accented with a matching belt. A small petticoat is built in, shown with separate petticoats, not included.  The front has some stains, the largest at the hem, as well as some smaller ones not pictured. Also some pin holes on the bust, as shown in the photo below. Bust-36 Waist-26 Bodice-16 Skirt-30


Sold
Photobucket
1960s black wool skirt $20Photobucket
A cute little skirt for cooler days, basic black wool, with pretty floral trim at the base. Fully lined, excellent condition. Waist-26 Hips-37 Length-21


Sold
Photobucket
1950s/60s red cocktail dress $40Photobucket
A perfect little red dress, of floral printed brocade, from the 1950s or 60s. Above elbow sleeves and a semi-gathered waist are delicate details on a devilish dress. There is a stain on the back hem, as shown below, as well as a rather messy repair on the sleeve seam (not by me!). Can be easily repaired on a machine. Bust-34 Waist-25 Hips-40 Bodice-15.5 Skirt-23.5

Sold


Photobucket

29 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

If only my waist was your size.

Annalise said...

Oh my goodness. So many beautiful things. You're mother must have been the best dressed woman around. I really love the pretty floral patterns.
XOXO

Nelly said...

Just went on a rampage trying to find my tape measure lol still not found But Ill stay tuned.

alittlevintagestory said...

Wow, your mother has some beautiful dresses! I would dearly love to buy them all, if only I had the budget *sigh*. xx Fran

Alex said...

I shall never eat again, to fit in that pretty dresses!

Unknown said...

Oh my god I may just buy the princess coat. I can't stop looking at it. Such lovely clothes!

Mosquito Head Madchen said...

Oh my.. your mother is the most stylish person in the world! if only they were my size... sigh*
That coat... it's the one I've been dreaming for for a while!

Georgina

Anonymous said...

Beatiful clothes! If only I had some pennies ;)
That coat is amazing!

kit and nancy. said...

wow wow wow wow wow! there are no other words.

seannaapproved said...

I love that last dress, but my measurements aren't the same as yours or your mother's. Oh, well, some other lucky lady will have to snatch up that wonderful piece!

Unknown said...

love love love.

ChaoticOasis said...

If I had the money right now, that coat would be mine! It's gorgeous! Good luck with your sales :)

BoPeep said...

ditto on the waist measurement...beautiful pieces that would love to live in my closet if only waist would cooperate!

toridawn said...

tiny waist alert! what lovely pieces...wish I could squeeze my boyish figure into one of em...drop waist dresses from the 20s and 30s work better for me, but are so hard to find...

Miss Marie said...

Isn't it wonderful having a stylish mum? I'm fortunate that mine is a fabulous dresser too - I've definitely been inspired by some of her outfits.

But I must object that you have thanked Twila Jean for the use of her model and not actually thanked the poor girl herself, or even given us her name!

Terri said...

Oh! If my figure were as little and cute as yours I would have my wallet out in a heartbeat! You look fabulous in all of those clothes.

Solanah said...

Miss Marie, if you click on the word "Model" you can now see her tumblr stream, with lots of fabulous photos of her.

Alejandra Ramos said...

Such gorgeous dresses! I especially love that red dress! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the measurements were right for my size. Just missed by a couple inches!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW that coat is beautiful!
Karlene

esme and the laneway said...

Yay, can leave comments now!

I missed the 1940s coat – d'oh! ;D It is gorgeous so I am not surprised it was snapped up!

Gorgeous yellow print dress and it's my size! How much is your shipping to Melbourne, Australia?

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful dresses!!! But who has a 25" waist? I'm more like, 28ish." :(

Mabel
Mabel Time

Lou said...

I love the 1950s iridescent party dress, if only I had said no more often. I attempted just to buy it to diet into.

Second Hand Rose said...

Such gorgeous dresses and I love the skirt and coat! If only I had the money!! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

Miss Marie said...

Thanks, Solanah! I didn't mean to be difficult, I just think it's sad when models don't get a credit, in magazines or elsewhere!

The Witchery Vintage said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the iridescent dress! xo

Unknown said...

A veritable feast of gorgeous dresses ! Always a pleasure to peruse your site Solanah

wanilianna said...

very nice dresses and coat:-)

Anonymous said...

The black coat is absolutely gorgeous! *sigh* It's a shame they don't make clothing like this anymore....

This Way and That said...

Amazing and wonderful dresses!