2.21.2009

1940s blue suit.


I was so excited to find this suit last year at Magpie, not only because it's gorgeous, but also it is very similar to Amy Adams late 30s dress in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. It's the first time I've had a chance to wear it, since it's more of a spring suit, but I just love the color and drape of the wool. If only I had a matching hat, but I think the black one I have is quite similar, dont you? If you haven't seen the movie yet, I recommend it, the costumes are fabulous, and I just adore Amy Adams. I think I'm stalking her film wardrobes, since I also did a photoshoot last summer in the spirit of Enchanted.


1940s suit-Magpie.

1940s hat-NikieFrye

Spider brooch-The Urban Eccentric

Shoes-Nordstrom rack.

Purse-Discovery thrift shop.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

OHHHH I LLOVE your suit!

Josephine Frances said...

That suit is gorgeous, you look lovely!

Twila Jean said...

If I could have one persons wardrobe it would probably be yours.

I have been scouring ebay all week for a KILLER suit.. and here you are with it.
my goodness. lovely.

by the way in reference to your other post.. do collect old silverware, we did that too.. and it makes for a lovely mismatched dinner table. :)

Joshua Jessup said...

so. you look real nice, obviously. but yer blog exploded! it's huge!
and you look real nice too.

Solanah said...

Haha. It's getting a makeover, but I'm having photo difficulties. For some reason it will load either too small, or too big. But thanks :)

LissyLou said...

I love it, you look great. Fab shoes too!! x

Anonymous said...

I love the suit!

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I love old suits; I had one for awhile, and it was just so much fun to wear--the fit and details were impeccable. :)

Andrea Eames said...

Stunning! And particularly lovely on you. It looks so much like the Amy Adams suit, I'm amazed.

Fräulein Luise said...

What a great find!

Anonymous said...

Lovely suit! Nice new Blog design as well :)

Anonymous said...

Love the suit (I say in my best American Psycho voice.) LOL.