3.29.2009

German girl


My favorite time of the year is that fragile and challenging time between winter and spring, when the sun shines most of the time, but it is still quite chilly. Today was one of those days, and I felt it perfect to layer a spring dress with a petticoat and boots to combat the cool wind. Here I am standing in front of the door to our house, it has one of those peep thingys that they have in old movies where you open it and ask for the password ;)

The little necklace I made from an old watch, with a photobooth picture of Sam and I. It's like a less secretive locket. I remember when I was younger I had a locket with a photo of my brother and his wife in it, and people were always asking to look inside. It got annoying, since a locket is like that secret little place that is so close to you, you open it when YOU want to enjoy what's inside. At least thats how I see it, but then again, I always get my feathers ruffled when people look in my purse and flip though my sketchbooks. So maybe it's more of a personal bubble thing than a romantic thing ;)

5 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

The cutest little german girl! I agree with you 100% on the privacy thing ;o)

Kim Caro said...

too cute miss s

The Vintage Stylist said...

i know what you mean. i live in portland as well and it's days like this that make me wish for summer sooner!

Twila Jean said...

I am so excited for your house!

also, you did not miss much today, the store was a total bust :) Hope you feel better soon

Unknown said...

Aww, you're adorable.

♥ Morena Doll