3.07.2009

Portland antique show.


Today my mother and I got up early and went to the Portland Antique and Collectable show at the Expo Center. I was so glad my new bird hat came (It needs a name) so I could wear it, I just love it. Almost as soon as we walked in I found something, and I wished I had more money to buy all the fabulous things I saw, I actually saw a perfect pink dress to go with those green shoes, but that was toward the end, so funds were scarce.


I stopped and saw Ann at her Lulu's Vintage booth, and she had some fabulous items, along with looking so adorable as always. I bought this darling dressing gown from her which is pretty much spring in a garment.


The green dress I bought to re-furbish. The structure is still great, but there are little dots here and there I think I'll cover with pretty silk flowers. That and probably the girdle will eventually go in my shop. I also found this blue 50s suit that is so unique, but just needs some buttons and a good pressing. The 50s felt skit is adorable! Birds and bows, my favorite, I may wear it tomorrow. And last but not least this fantastic Jantzen swimsuit. Its absuloutely amazing I've never seen one like it. The woman who sold it to me had only two left she bought from the estate of a Jantzen swimwear designer, so this is a sample garment it doesn't have a logo or tags. I cant imagine the treasure that woman must have had. I also got a pair of black high waisted pants, although they are not wide legged, they look pretty 30's/40's.

16 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE the swimsuit. Awesome finds!

Rhiannon said...

What! How on earth did you manage to find such a perfect vintage bathing suit? That expo looks like heaven.

Solanah said...

It was hidden under piles of linens, I saw a peek of the fabric (its kind of iridescent, didnt show in the photos) and pulled it out. I love those embroidered arrows on anything, especially a swimsuit.

It is indeed.

AlicePleasance said...

Oh my! You look gorgeous, I adore the outfit! And that swimsuit is perfection :-)

Mariangela said...

lovely blog :-D

Heidi Ann said...

What great finds! Can't wait to see pictures of you in the felt skirt and the blue suit!

Anonymous said...

The color combination of your outfit is inspiring! I love it! I just found your blog the other day and I think it's marvelous!!!

Natalie said...

these are all such fantastic finds! and that swimsuit looks just perfect on you.

& hello! i found your blog not long ago and i love it :)

Solanah said...

Thank you all :)

And its nice to meet you Pony and Bakah :)

Anonymous said...

Wow--so many treasures! I always love browsing through vintage clothes at antique shows... so many temptations. Your outfit is so cute, btw! :)

L. said...

the swimsuit is cute! and i love that green skirt

Lisa Sofia said...

That bird hat is fantastic! And you look fabulous in that swim suit! The designs were so much more imaginative back then!

Anonymous said...

omg heaven

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog its amazing I love all the items here I don't suppose you will be selling the swim suit? If not you must post more pictures, love the corset too!

Solanah said...

Hi Laura, thanks! And nice to meet you :)

The swimsuit wont be for sale, sorry :(

Unknown said...

I love ur color combo here!