5.10.2010

California, day 3, lots of pictures!

There's lot's of pictures from today, so I've sectioned it into three parts, enjoy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
First stop this morning was the Birch Aquarium at Scripps, I posted lots of fishy pictures last time, so I kept them to a minimum this time ;)
I made friends with a cute baby who was fascinated with the giant aquarium, and petted a sea cucumber, it was so squishy! Thank you Birch Aquarium for another great experience!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next was The Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial. It's a beautiful memorial on top a the highest hill in La Jolla, stunning views! There are rows and rows of plaques dedicated to those who served in wars. My favorites of course were the WWII plaques, with lots of cute sailors, pilots, and even pretty ladies! My very favorites were the pictures with couples, they are just too cute. If you'll notice the plaque for Parmely T. Ferrie and Rosemary Ferrie says at the base "Cadet nurse Rosemary would wear a wedding gown made from the parachute Parmely used to bail out of his B-24 Bomber."

How darling is that?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We ended the day with a walk around La Jolla Cove, a yummy lunch, and chocolate truffles. And I found the fridge I want, that blue is the color of all my kitchen appliances.

And this, well, this is for Kendra:
Photobucket

40s dress-Liberty Vintage on 4th St Long Bach, Ca.

40s style shoes-Urban Eccentric Vintage

50s sunglasses-Won them on a giveaway on Pretty Little Things

28 comments:

olygirl said...

Gorgeous pics as usual! Looks like you are having a blast! Great Arrested development shot with the seals too. :)

Sarah Dee said...

I love the story of the wedding dress! But I really want to see it now...

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

amanda löwenberg said...

You are adorable! Lovely photos!

In The Heyday said...

Gorgeous holiday you are having. Gosh you are working hard keeping us all updated.
Fab outfits too.

Porcelina said...

I love all the photos of those who served, I recently went to a WWII museum here in Wales and saw lots of similiar photos of men and women in uniform, plus women on the home-front in the factories and fields, really humbling to see how much they gave of themselves. And even the women operating heavy machinery still had immaculate hair and make-up!!

BaronessVonVintage said...

that memorial wall is amazing (LOVED the bit about the parachute wedding dress). You totally look like the perfect vintage California girl!

HanM said...

I absolutely love those WWII photos!!
And the ones of you by the ocean are awesome. :)

art deco dame said...

that fridge is amazing!

Naomi said...

Stunning photo's!

Thomson's Gazelle said...

These are so charming! It looks like you're having a wonderful time!

Q's Daydream said...

What a day and what a dress!!!!
Isn't La Jolla beautiful!? I have family that live right in town and I get to visit and be so close to everything. :o)

Sara Kristiina said...

Aww fishy friends :D
Nice photos, luv your outfit<3

-Sara

Stefanie Valentine said...

Your dress is gorgeous, you look totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

my name is kendra!

Gio Goi Shoes said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like so much fun

Bailey said...

I totally know why that seal is wearing a yellow bow tie. HAHA! I laughed so hard at that!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, I love them!

Maia said...

i die for that dress.

Nishant said...

I love the story of the wedding dress!
indian classified site

~Manda said...

I love your blog! It is a complete joy to read and the pictures are always just stunning! Your husband's blog is great too...you two are my heroes!

Anonymous said...

What a great selection of pics! It 's like you're giving all of us a holiday too :-)

Damn, girl you always look gorgeous!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

That is really adorable that they include pictures on the plaques. I think that is really special to do!!! That way the name is more than a name and you can see, THIS is the person who worked hard and served our country.

Lovely dress! I love the second photo with the fish by the way too! You look like you had a lot of fun!

Jenni King said...

ok the thing about Rosemary wearing the parachute wedding dress is pretty much the most amazing and endearing thing ever. She was clearly beyond fabulous.

Unknown said...

Watch out for loose seal!

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

I was JUST THERE TODAY!! And I remembered you posting something about La Jolla, so I had to come back here and double check!
Very cool! Love the seals, and all the little tide pools. Took pics in the same cave where your pics were taken! (Imagine that lol) Coolbeans...
**WHAT is the name of the place that sells chocolate truffles?? My friend was trying to take me there, but we couldn't find it :(

Solanah said...

Hm, I can't remember, I think it was the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Yum!

Reagan said...

I've been browsing thru your blog and came across this section...since I live in the area...when I saw that dress something seemed so familiar about it. When I saw that you bought it at Liberty I realized I'd tried it on!! What a small world, and you look so fantastic in it. It was such a cute dress and it was a hard one to pass up, but decisions are always so hard when shopping vintage.

Solanah said...

Oh how funny! Yes, this one I just had to have, thanks for not buying it ;)