3.23.2015

Cinderella outing


Last week my friend Elyse and I went to Cinetopia to see Cinderella, and omg it's so beautiful. We caught an afternoon show in the 21 and over movie parlor, so we had the place to ourselves! It's such an amazing theater, with couches, and ottomans, and pillows, so it felt like we were lounging in a fancy living room watching Disney movies. 

We didn't coordinate outfits, but funny enough I went sweet and she went wicked. And it's a good thing we were the only ones in the theater, because I can't think of a single costume that we weren't absolutely dying over. Loud and dramatic deaths. 

Cate Blanchett's costumes were especially swoon worthy, taking inspiration from 1940's couture, I can't pick a favorite, but there is one leopard print dressing gown I'll probably search for forever. 

THE DRESS THO. The blue Cinderella dress that's made of magic and sparkles and tulle. I could have watched it move for two hours no problem. Also I need more sparkles, just in general.

Dress-estate sale

Hat/headband-Urban Eccentric

Petticoat-Doris Petticoats



10 comments:

Emileigh said...

I love the high-low skirt paired with a petticoat! I never thought to do that, but I'm loving the effect!

Kezzie said...

Oh don't you two look beautiful!x

Lavender and Twill said...

Oh, those outfits compliment each other beautifully! I love Elyse's shoes, they are amazing, and your fascinator is too cute Solanah. ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Lenahcositas said...

muy guapa si seƱor,adoro ese tipo de vestidos......

Witchcrafted Life said...

Bold statement though this may be, I haven't even seen this latest incarnation of Cinderella's tale and I already feel like, based on the trove of photos from the movie that all over the web, it might be one of my top five favourite movies from a fashion standpoint ever. I can hardly wait until it comes to Netflix or the like and I can see it (I usually make it to maybe one or two movies in the theater a year at most).

You both look wonderful. I especially adore your green belt.

♥ Jessica

Unknown said...

Wow both of you look super stunning! I love that you wore blue though :) Definitely appropriate for Cinderella screening hehehe! Glad to see you're back and enjoying wearing vintage again!!

Sammi said...

You look beautiful, and what a cool movie theater! I saw Cinderella on Sunday and was swooning (and alternately sobbing) the whole time!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Frances said...

Eep! I love both of your outfits, and that theater is to-die-for! I would go see movies more often if it meant having big lounge room to gossip in all the while.

Unknown said...

Yeah the costumes in that movie were seriously amazing! They may have been my favorite part! I love the cute blue dress you chose to wear for the occasion. That color is wonderful on you.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Nancy said...

So pretty!

http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/