12.14.2009

Cherries and feathers.


I want this dress in about a dozen colors and prints. I bought it for my shop last week, but could not let it go. It has a very 40s look and feel, but is actually from the 80s, so it's not as fragile as something authentic, but still cute! And it really goes perfectly with my 30s/40s feather topper, I mean, how awesome is this hat? It has wings, but no full birds, I would just love a red bird hat! This is the same hat I wore for these photobooth pictures. In order to wear the dress in winter I paired it with red tights (they look orange in the closeup, but thats just the sun), and my red cape. It was icy on the roads though, and I nearly fell on the ice on my way to work, ever so ungracefully.

Dress-Buffalo Exchange.

Tights-Target.

Gloves-Estate sale.

Hat-The Urban Eccentric.

Shoes-Nordstrom Rack.

24 comments:

art deco dame said...

cute!I too found a cherry print dress meant for my shop that I couldnt let go of a few weeks ago.Love that hat

Francy said...

That hat is amazing!

Treacle said...

What a fantastic outfit!

julia aka garconniere said...

so lovely! really suits you.

i totally hear you on the comfort factor of the newer vintage garments that look older so you don't have to worry about their delicateness... just this weekend i tore a beautiful beautiful 1940s dress that at first glance, i assumed was from the 80s.

TERI REES WANG said...

Black + Red = So Damn Fun! ;P

Andi B. Goode said...

I love that dress. I just love cherries. It looks great on you.
-Andi x

Wild Tea Party said...

What a fabulous outfit! That hat!! And red tights. I don't think I could ever pull that off.

Jessica said...

RiDICULOUSLY awesome. That red looks so AMAZING in your pictures. LOVE this outfit on you girlie!~

xo

Blue

Andrea Eames said...

Stunning!

Louise said...

Very cute. I love a fruit motif.

Una said...

Love that hat!

Charlotte said...

Maxime fabulosum, my dear - LOVE black and red.

Casey Maura said...

Wow--that dress is so gorgeous! Hard to believe it's really decades later than the 40s, but some of those 80s dresses do a darn good job of imitating the look. ;) Too, too cute--I definitely would have kept it too!!! :D

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Maggi said...

Wowowowowowowowowow, my favorite outfit for sure!!!

Sydney B. said...

What a fabulous 80's does 40's dress! and that hat is amazing!

~Syd

Naomi Vida said...

wow. that is an outfit.

MrJeffery said...

um the cherry dress rules.

Amy P. said...

Wow, what a cute dress!

mary van note said...

Most awesome look ever! That hat is to die for. which makes the following captcha I need to type "todight" totally appropriate! : )

Maria Confer said...

Your hat is completely stunning, as are you!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

calivintage said...

aw, hello dolly! i was obsessed with that movie when it came out. all those hats!

and i have to say, this hat is just beautiful!

HanM said...

gorgeous!!

greta said...

unbelievable! I have the exact same dress! I'm simultaneously feeling sad that it's not a one-of-a-kind and excited that we are dress-buddies! Check it out here(I hemmed it a bit shorter.)

Unknown said...

Solanah, if I thought I was your size, I would beat you up and take the whole ensemble! EVERYTHING is bloody darling!