12.27.2009

Shoes!




Today my mother and I went shopping downtown Portland (yeah, it was super busy) in search for shoes. I got some money for Christmas and decided to spend it on new shoes, since I rarely buy any other than those from thrift stores, which are great but...always of the practical nature. So I tried on some really fun styles, and some pretty but practical ones too but nothing was perfect. There was even a pair of beautiful Chie Mihara peep toes on super sale ($75 down from $350) I would have bought but the heel was white and in this climate thats a bit unpractical. And the black ones pictured are by Burberry, marked half off from $1,000. I think those will be the most expensive shoes ever on my feet, and perhaps the one of the most uncomfortable. The red shoes are just fun :)

10 comments:

Treacle said...

The booties are fantastic! Have you settled on a blog design you like, yet? I enjoy seeing how it changes every time I visit, and I completely understand having to experiment. Hopefully, I'll settle on a new design for my blog soon too.

Anonymous said...

Those Burberry ones are just gorgeous! And any shoe in a bright color or with sparkles is one I'll wear.

Diva said...

Happy Holidays Solanah! It has been a treat to see your fashion displays! D

Stefanie Valentine said...

Ooh, i love shoes, i could spend all my money on shoes! I have the type of feet that can only seem to handle an hour in heels before becoming VERY painful! x

Bombshell Bettie said...

ooh I love new shoes...and shopping in downtown Portland. I love those rhinestone flats. I have a soft spot for flats..even in winter. Is there a lot of snow on that side of the state? We have nothing over here. I hope you found some that you love. Can't wait for new pix...oh and I'm liking this new look for your blog.

Q's Daydream said...

love! I hardly ever find myself buying shoes. so, for christmas that's what I asked for! a super duper pair of shoes! just put them on my blog! :o)

COCAMIA said...

Nothing makes a girl happier than a pair of brand new shoes...Love your taste!

Aleksandra Maria Carmen said...

Lovely shoes!

visit my blog:

www.fairylady-style.blogspot.com

Solanah said...

Bombshell Bettie, it just started snowing tonight, but usually there's not a lot in the winter ;)

Peldyn said...

Did you buy any shoes? I still haven't found the perfect boots that I want for Winter. I will probably find them when I don't need them anymore.