12.02.2008

"Beauty is a thing of the past"


I always seem to stumble onto great blogs while searching through google images, and while browsing for a photo for the 1940s hairstyles post, I came across a blog all about vintage beauty methods called "Beauty is a thing of the past", that is full of images of authentic salon instructions for hair, nails, makeup, masks and even some fun videos. The site is so easy to navigate, and although I have yet to try out one of the hairstyles, the instructions with illustrations seem easy enough to follow. I was going to buy a vintage hairstyling book on My baby Jo, but with shipping it came to over $40 and well, its christmas season so my funds are a bit stretched. Plus, really? $10 shipping? Come on.

So thank you Beauty, you've enlightened me at no charge. I love no charge.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link and the comments. I love no charge too!

Maisy Brown said...

Very cool, I'll be sure to check out their tips and handy hints to ensure I'm turned out correctly from head to toe! lol. Solanah, you know I love what you do: your hand-made and resurrected gear is gorgeous, your eye for, and presentation of vintage goodies is impeccable, and you have a great sensibility that shines through in your fabulous photos! So, please, allow me to tag you! The rules are (as I'm sure you know):
Here are the rules:
* Mention the rules on your blog.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six others
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they are tagged.
Hope you can make time to play, I'd love to know more about you (please check out my latest blog entry for my answers).

Solanah said...

Oh thank you Maisy!

I did a tag a while back, but I'd love to do another one, hopefully this week I'll get to :)

Kim Caro said...

O i wish i could take the time to do something as cool as that...i just don't have it in me anymore im an oldie.

Chichiboulie said...

Now that's a site I need. I can't even figure out a simple chignon! :D

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

No charge is always great...specially for something as awesome and hard to find as this! I'd love to see pictures of hairstyles you try.

Dea

My Inspired Reality said...

There was something so stylish and elegant about that era, wasn't there?

Angela said...

What fun! I love old hairstyles.

germandolls said...

Lovely hairstyle! I wish someone could do that to my hair...=) Thanks for sharing the cool site!