12.03.2008

Some shopping...

So yesterday I went to the American Cancer Society thrift shop and was told they just received an estate and there may be items I would be interested in. They brought out a fantastic 60 wedding gown I snatched up on the spot (Its listed in my shop already) but they still have tons to go though, so I've been lurking around there more than usual to make sure I get the goods before anyone else ;)

Today I didnt find anything for my shop but got a few things for myself from the estate collection.

I have a small pink christmas tree that I dont have any ornaments for, I usually just stick all my rhinestone brooches and necklaces on it. Actually turns out very pretty. But today I couldn't resist these darling little birds, each of them hand painted and very beautiful and unique.

I found these cute shoes and they are sooooo comfortable! And look really cool with these tights...

A black fake alligator skin purse big enough to hold everything (including my gloves).

7 comments:

Kim Caro said...

cool girl :)

animeg said...

I like your shoes.

Solanah said...

Thank you :)

I've been wearing them all the time now, $3 well spent.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is way fun and cool. I am completely in love with fashion and style from the 1920s - mid 1940s, so I'll be checking in, thanks!

The Proletariat said...

Love these shoes!

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

Oh my...those birds. My grandparents have a collection of them that they passed along to my mother: they are all so lovely!

lisa mai said...

I wish I knew the story behind these birds! We have some inherited from our grandmother, and they're so precious!