5.17.2009

Frills.


Apparently I've been inspired by Rhiannon's silent film posts, because my outfit felt like it was right out of an early film. It's the late 40's early 50s dress I got yesterday at Hatties Vintage, and it's so frilly! I just love it, especially with a big floppy hat, more photos here. Its made from really light swiss dot cotton, perfect for todays 85 degree weather. I did wish I was out somewhere today though, and not at work, it actually seemed like it would be a nice day to go to the Portland Rose gardens and have a picnic. Another time though :)

9 comments:

reilly said...

It looks like the perfect summer outfit with that floppy hat! I love the tiers on the dress.

tracey nguyen said...

i lovethe detailed accessories you added to the outfit, not just the hat but the necklaces, brooch, and gloves make it excellent!

Josephine Frances said...

That ids the best dress ever! I really love the photos and collage too, perfect for the outfit!

Casey said...

You look gorgeous! That dress is so pretty; I love teired skirts--it just makes a dress look oh so summery! :)

lovelylovisa said...

god I love your blog....i just put it as a link on my blog...i love how you do all your pictures!? and obviously your style!! xx

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Your new dress is adorable I adore the layers.
♥Darla

Q's Daydream said...

That dress is just perfection! :o)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous. *sigh*
I really wish I could be as pretty as you.

Rachel said...

lovin that you still rock the gloves in 85 degrees, that is COMMITMENT!

http://nouvellvague.blogspot.com/