7.26.2012

WWII encampment

Photobucket

Saturday we went to a WWII encampment at Fort Stevens state park. I borrowed a 40s mechanics coveralls from Fab Gabs, and everyone loved it! I don't know why, but I really, really love coveralls. I never feel so cool as in a dingy old jumpsuit. Too bad my mechanic dad didn't show me how to work on cars, I could have fit the roll to a tee!

We walked around and learned some new things, and the people in the Red Cross tent even remembered me from attending two years ago. Everyone was so nice, and so knowledgeable! Being someone who loves vintage, but in kind of an "all over the place" sort of way, I admire people who dedicate themselves to something so specific. Where do you even begin?!

And speaking of WWII military events, I am waaaaaaay too excited about the announcement of The Winter Soldier movie. Like. You don't even know. I am counting down the days. Outfit planning. Breathing exercises. Y'know, normal, sane person stuff.

Many thanks to Fab Gabs for loaning me the jumpsuit. Sorry if I "misplace" it for a while...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Caught sneaking pics of soldier bums. Whoops! I'm a creeper. 

23 comments:

Elise said...

This is just amazing. You're very inspiring! I absolutely adore your hairstyle.

http://impossiblyelise.blogspot.com/

Lucy said...

I'm over in England and am a 1940's enthusiast and attend many events. Looks like you had a lovely time, love the outfit!

Deb Clark said...

Great photos - Love the details like the dolly pegs on the line! The jumpsuit looks fab - especially with that belt. xx

Butch said...

Such great pictures, I love what your wearing!

Jade

Mike Neglia said...

you look amazing! now i want a jumpsuit...

Melody said...

Now THAT is a jumpsuit!!

I've always admired them, but never thought they could be exactly flattering on a girl my size - but after seeing you in this style, it makes me want to try and find one to suit me!

Honestly, you look amazing in it! Accidentally lose it forever so you don't have to give it back!

Betty2Tone said...

For some reason, you calling yourself a creeper at the end made my morning :)

susie said...

I've never seen a girl look so good in a jumpsuit. I think you need to "misplace" it permanently in your closet.

Witchcrafted Life said...

I love the whit and spirit with which you write so very, very much. And, it should go without saying (but of course I will :) ), that I am adore your outfit here. The 40s always, always suit you to the very core.

♥ Jessica

Oakley Seal said...

Brilliant! I love This so much! I find your blog so inspiring! Vintage has basically become my life!

-Oakley Seal
www.brilliantbblog.blogspot.com

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Oh how fun is this!??!?! So wonderful! you look perfect too!
+Victoria+
http://justicepirate.com

seannaapproved said...

Ah, love the pic with you and Airborne reenactor!! I got Airborne in my blood! :)

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

yet another stunning transformation. love that jumpsuit, it's so cute, and with such lovely accessories. looks like so much fun!

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The jumpsuit looks so comfy! No wonder you love it so much, plus it really suits you.

I'm so excited about Winter Soldier too!

Riikka said...

Looks like an awesome day - and, yes, you look super cool in that jumpsuit!

Kristian said...

What a fantastically fun photoshoot/outing!

Christina said...

Wow what fun! You look darling as usual. :)

xx Christina

VintageDanielle said...

The jumpsuit is cute on you! You look like you belong there, the photos are neat.

In The Heyday said...

So cute!!
You would LOVE the re-enactor events we have here in the uk. Literary 100s of them!
The Jumpsuit outfit looks so good on you.

Anushka said...

I don't know, I love all vintage as well but am definitely not keen on the idea of re-enactments. I've been led to believe (by a lady who makes repro military uniforms) that their perception/approach is very different in the UK to the USA. In any case you look really cute, I love that belt!

Anonymous said...

Um, where are the photos of soldier's bums? Don't tease us like that!

Solenn said...

amazing ! I love your hairstyle & this jumpsuit is perfect on you !

XOXO
Solenn

Solanah said...

ourdailydress Haha! I was taking an instagram pic, my username is "solanah" if you can find me!

xoxo