2.18.2009

Christmas coats.



Today I got to wear my red cape and leopard muff for the first time, and boy did I get some looks on my way to work. Especially from one sour lady driving by, you'd have thought I was flipping her the bird by the look on her face. But it was very warm, and even had neat pockets inside I didn't see before. On my way to work I stopped at the Discovery thrift shop and got a bunch of jewelry for my shop and a pretty sparrow pin for myself. I've been looking for one forever, I guess it's just my week to find what I've been wanting.
My friend and co-worker Jen stopped by and looked darling, I just love that coat, and snatched up a matching hat before leaving. Her mom was sweet enough to snap a picture, we look like Christmas!

Cape and muff-Buffalo Exchange

Tights-T.J. Maxx

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You two look adorable! That old sour faced lady was just jealous. :)

Pyzahn said...

Beyond adorable. I'm as jealous as that old lady with the sour face. The muff just soooo makes the cape even more tres chic.

Andrea Eames said...

Coat envy! You both look gorgeous. I love your friend's green coat with the pink of her skirt that's just peeking out.

I agree with Hexotica, the lady was undoubtedly jealous. It's weird, isn't it, when people give you a big ol' sneer just because of what you're wearing? I mean, you're not walking around in a shopping bag or with a live leopard stapled to your arms or anything. Weird. I get that a lot too, but usually from teenagers.

TERI REES WANG said...

Maybe she recognized that cape as her own, and was wondering why she was so willing to give up. And how dare you pull it off so well, too. It never looked that good on her!

Bless her...she needs it! ;)

Unknown said...

Adorable picture! You've been tagged! Stop by to see.

Lisa Norman said...

Coats beautiful...hyperventilating over gorgeousness...of...hosiery....

Rhiannon said...

You look adorable. If anyone can pull of a red cape and muff it's you!

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful in your cape! I can't see how anyone could give you a sour look; you look so cheerful! :)

Q's Daydream said...

Adorable! I hate when people give nasty looks, they're just jealous :o)

Anonymous said...

Both of you look so cute! I really love your outfits...I wouldnt even know where to get all these lovely clothes you have!

Mimi Elise said...

I love that cape!! its so cute!

Caroline said...

Those.are.adorable.!!!!!!!!

Darrah said...

I love the cape! You both look as though you should be in a magazine.

Natalie said...

you look amazing!!

and you never know - i once had an older lady give me a long, sour look when i was in an old blue organza party dress, before coming over to me and asking what type of fabric my dress was - she couldn't see without her glasses!

also, hello! i'm Natalie - i just found your blog - it's gorgeous!

Shay said...

"Congratulate yourselves if you have done something strange and extravagant and broken the monotony of a decorous age." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson