9.25.2009

The Killers!


Last night my friend Kendra and I saw The Killers, one of my very favorite bands ever. Of course they were amazing and we both had a blast (It's her birthday tomorrow, Happy Birthday Kendra!). I saw them last time they came for their second album in a much more intimate venue, and this time they had three opening bands, fire balls, confetti, and an endless sea of fifteen year olds in neon leggings and 80s t-shirts. We felt kinda' old :)

Oh yes, and aren't these pants just amazing? I always have outlandish taste in pants (seriously, you should see my purple jeweled ones), and these are no exception. They have been sitting at work for months being made fun of by every passer by and I just couldn't deny my love for them. I had to get them before someone bought them for a Halloween costume then forgot about them in the back of their closet. They are actually really great quality. By Jantzen in the 1960s, made of soft wool woven with metallic threads. There is even a velvet elastic waistband, I never even knew there was such a thing as velvet elastic :) I call them my "Fondu Party Pants" because I can just picture a woman in the 60s having all her friends over for a fondu party and wearing these.

Pants-The Urban Eccentric

Shirt and "Chanel" bag-Thrifted

13 comments:

tam said...

Jealous! I love the killers, and your outfit! x

Andi B. Goode said...

Those pants sure are fantastic!
-Andi x

Josephine Frances said...

Awesomest pants ever! I've just been catching up on all your posts, how I've missed the daily read!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

The Killers are my favorite band too! I saw them in concert for their first album. They were amazing. And those pants are awesome. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Maria Confer said...

Oh, I'm green!! I be the concert was awesome.

Adore your outfit.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Your pants are really amazing! I love how quirky they are! I often think I get to score nice/weird items when thrifting because nobody else would buy them :P

Louise said...

I love The Killers too ... they seriously rock live. And your outfit is very cool. Perfect for a night out on the town.

What we four say said...

those pants ARE amazing! Those people just don't have any taste!! :)

Brook said...

Those pants are divine! I could never pull those puppies off!!! I did buy a folky looking skirt at the thrift store that I am waiting to wear till it gets cold. Also i have yet to find the perfect belt for it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I could see those pants splattered in fondue cheese.

Goldie Davich said...

I think your taste is pants is top notch. High waste suits you... love the blog!

Cynthia said...

I'd love to see them live! But they don't come often in France... Your outfit is lovely. I like how it's simple and original at the same time. Perfect for a concert I guess ;)

Eyeliah said...

Yes, they are my fav too! Have a The Killers poster in my living room! we also went ot see them for this tour, the light show was incredible!