11.22.2008

Saloon Girl.


I always forget I have this coat until its too late to wear it, so luckily I remembered before it got too chilly. It came from the Portland Antique Expo a few years back, and its a 1970s dress/coat, works perfect for full skirts. Sam and I went apartment shopping and then he took me thrifting (what a darling) I found some great stuff for my shop, but one thing I cant let go of, a 1940s dressing gown, pictures of that later. I love this hat, its pretty beat up (felted wool), but I love the bonnet style and fluffy plume, I'm constantly looking for hats like it, but they are always expensive. I bought this from a woman who was closing her B&B and had a trunk full of hats at $5 a pop. I got some pretty ones.

6 comments:

Kim Caro said...

OOOH you are ganna die! I got an antique wedding dress sent to me, i am not sure what the history is it may have been one of my great grandparents. its all beaded and needs a dress under it cause its made with thread i believe....its very dirty and needs hand sewn so i will take images after i wash it and get it fixed up a bit.

it also came with the little head thingy....

Solanah said...

Oooo! That sounds divine! Yes, you must take pictures, I love it already:)

Kim Caro said...

http://www.amasquerade.com/images/products/larger_images/coppershortvamp.jpg

it's similar to this. i think its made of tulle and beaded but not so much like this. just enough to be frosted, the back has a little beading but its all about the front so i can sit, its so fragile. what would i wear under it? can you throw some photos out on a blog entry ? mine is sheer and white, well off white right now. i have no idea where id find something to go under it.

Solanah said...

I looooove those dresses!

What about just a basic cream slip?

I just got one if you want me to send photos and see if it would work.

Kim Caro said...

yes please.

i just handed the dress to my gramma. she was shocked that i wanted her to care for the it, she speaks spanish and i speak english so its hard to communicate. but my dad told her everything and she is delighted to take on the big task of hand sewing any loose parts. my email is circlesareforever@yahoo.com

Nicole Solo said...

oh I love this!