7.05.2009

4th of July

Photobucket
Saturday was the 4th of July here in the states (aka the post office is closed, everyone flocks to the beach, and the view of the moon is blocked by firework smoke). Sam and I met up with our family at my brothers house for a backyard get together, and it must have been the hottest day of the year! Fun was had, and popsicles were eaten, all under a giant magnolia tree. After a cat nap and going with my mother to The Cheesecake Factory, we went back to my brothers for fireworks. For nearly 50 years the city I live in has held "The biggest fireworks display west of the Mississippi". This year though they ran out of money for it, so it seemed like there were more people than ever setting off their own fireworks, the sky was always lit up. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Dress: Betsey Johnson, via Buffalo Exchange.

Cherries: The Urban Eccentric

10 comments:

Lisa Sofia said...

I love that dress on you! I think I spy an adorable young man attached to your neck...

Oldilox said...

You should have come to our fireworks display. We blew up LaCenter (not a bad thing) plus we got eaten by mosqitoes.

A said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! The perfect outfit for the holiday.

catherine_sr. said...

That is the perfect 4th of July dress! Looks like you had a great time. I live in Taipei, so unfortunately the only fireworks display I saw was mosquitoes blowing up when I swatted at them with our electrified mosquito racket, lol.

Stéphanie said...

Beautiful !!!

sarah said...

I love your dress! The cherry brooch is the perfect accent. I hope you had a nice 4th!

Maria Confer said...

Adorable dress and that pic of you and Sam is too cute!!

Happy Belated 4th!!

calivintage said...

those pictures are adorable! and what a pretty dress! oh the 4th. such a fun day.

Makeup Theory said...

I love these photos!

Josephine Frances said...

Your dress is just lovely, sounds like lots of fun!