7.12.2009

New pictures!

Photobucket
Friday my mother in law to be, Lisa, threw me a lovely bridal shower with the help of her fantastic friends. She wanted to have some pictures of me for guests to look at so a few weeks ago we did a photo shoot on a perfect warm evening. Needless to say the shower turned out wonderful, as did the photos!
In the above photos I'm wearing a pink novelty playsuit with matching open front skirt from the 1940s. I got it at work in the winter and couldn't wait to wear it!
Photobucket
When searching for a fresh backdrop for this outfit the local post office popped into my mind. I spend so much time there, I may as well have some nice photos! It is a really cool post office, it's old and has giant pillars in the front and carved moldings.
I bought this black strapless dress in Encinitas California back in October, and the pink petticoat underneath made the entire outfit. Sweetheart necklines are my favorite, but they are difficult to find (unless I wanted 80s prom dresses...I don't.)
Photobucket
This silk dress is another one from work, I love the shape so much, I wish I could have more like it in cotton.

I'd love to tell you that you can see lots more on my flickr, but they tell me I am up to my monthly limit. And I considered getting a pro account, but I can think of many more things I want to spend money on right now, so more photos next month, or if I cave and pay the fee sooner :)

Meanwhile you can see all the photos in this slideshow, and if you need any sent to you, feel free to ask :)

30 comments:

Joshua Jessup said...

How did you get the great legs, and I got.......?

Rochelle said...

These photos are fantastic! Your hair and make-up are especially amazing. You look gorgeous!

reilly said...

Solanah, you look so beautiful! All of the dresses are great but you definitely out-shine them. :) I hope you had tons of fun, I loved my bridal shower (even though it was after we eloped)! I can't wait to see what your wedding dress looks like!

Oldilox said...

My favorite photo is the one we did in Esther Short Park in your Rose dress. The backlight in your hair and through your hat are breathtaking. Of course, it helps that you are breathtaking and your future mother-in -law, Lisa, is the best photographer in the area. But hey---I held the reflector, so I'm kinda cool, too. in a crotchety old man sort of way.

A said...

Such fabulous photos again! I always find your ensembles so inspiring. Keep up the great work!

poet said...

Beau-ti-ful! ... I wish I had my personal photographer...

Greetings,
poet

Anonymous said...

You are drop dead gorgeous! I wish I had your legs! :)

lovelylovisa said...

i love these pics i bet your wedding is going to look fantastic - hope it goes well xx

AlicePleasance said...

That's amazing! It's all I can say, but I have to second the comments above: you have great legs, definitely!!

Maria Confer said...

You look so wonderful and your outfits are just amazing!! What a wonderful photo shoot.

Unknown said...

Oh Solanah, these are just Marvellous with a capital M! I am coveting your playsuit set, badly!

Marie said...

These photos are amazing, you look beautiful in pink and in red! Who is that lucky?

Nicole said...

These pictures are perfect! Your makeup is to die for!

Q's Daydream said...

Just fabulous darling!!!! :o)

The Glamorous Housewife said...

What I like about your style is you wear the clothing, the clothing doesn't wear you. And I agree the sweetheart neckline is perfect for you. You look beautiful.

NodtoMod Vintage said...

love these shots! gorgeous fun and flirty...very glam!xo

Sandra said...

That playsuit is really cute! You look like a real lady with that hat in the last photos! <3

Lisa Sofia said...

I love this face!

sarah said...

What beautiful photos! Your future mother in law is such a talented photographer, and you a lovely model. So glad your wedding shower went well. :)

I can't wait to see your wedding dress!

Lou said...

Flawless pictures! You are a great model.

Miriam Parkman said...

I am so impressed!
You really have this style, it's truly yours, and not just something you "put on".
That's so, so fun to see!
I read the interview at Casey's blog, and I will link to it on my blog with some pictures, if that's ok with you?

Best wishes, Miriam

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog via Casey's Musings, and I'm addicted!
You are absolutly gorgeous, and so are your outfits!
Tomorrow Im going to visit a college (oh the joys of high school) and after seeing all the outfits you wear on a daily basis, I've decided to dress up a bit for the ocassion!

Solanah said...

Miriam, of course, I would love that ;)

Jessica said...

these are incredible! you look so beautiful!
congrats!!

TERI REES WANG said...

She likes You.
It shows through.
Well played.
Both ways.

Kassondra DeBoer said...

Wow!

You look so gorgeous in all the photos. Your outfits are to die for.

Rhiannon said...

You are so pretty!!

Casey said...

(Sorry for all the comment spam, dear Solanah! I'm catching up on all the blog reading I missed the last week or so! :p)

WOW!!! You are utterly drop-dead-gorgeous, girl! And may I steal all of your ouftis, please?! hehe! They're all so gorgeous; especially the first one. ;) (But then again, I love pink dresses... hehe!)

Miss Woody said...

you looks wonderful ! i love your style !

Unknown said...

i absolutely loooovvveee the black dress with the pink petticoat. so glamorous!!!