7.27.2009

I'm hot. But not in a good way.

Photobucket
Right now it's over 100 degrees fahrenheit outside, and not much cooler inside our non air conditioned house. Today Sam, his mother and I headed over to a mall to cool down and spend some gift cards we received for the wedding. At the Fairmont we kind of became addicted to down pillows, so we found some really nice ones, which differ greatly from the pancakes we were using ;)

The rest of the day was spent finding places for all the wonderful wedding gifts we were given. They were all so marvelous, I wanted to display everything, even the pretty food processor, but then we would have no counter space, hehe. I'll just use it all the time :)

Later I'll take photos of everything, but really, it's so hot! I don't really want to get up.
Photobucket
Anyway, since I'm not doing an official wedding post until I have loads of photos to share here are some pre-wedding shots. This is the merry widow my mother bought me at the antique show a few weeks back, as well as the stockings. Both were purchased from the lovely Julie and Lisa, local dealers and sellers. And vintage eye candy. I'm not sure if then have a site or flickr, so if you are reading this girls, let me know!
Photobucket
You can also see a few amazing photos in our wedding set on Vorpal images Flickr.

These photos were taken by Lisa right before the ceremony. Being a photographer she couldn't help but take photos, I could see her clicking finger twitching all morning before she finally caved and brought out her camera ;)

25 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Well, well! You look very glamorous in your skivvies. I can't wait to see the wedding photos!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Angel said...

Very pin up! Did you get any vintage wedding gifts?

Solanah said...

A few!

A said...

Elegant as usual. Love the wedding pics!

C said...

I am in love with the photos from your wedding. You look like you stepped right out of 1954.

AlicePleasance said...

So glamorous indeed!

Kelley Anne said...

Wow, where did you get those marvelous undergarments! I've been looking for garters...any suggestions for where I could find some? Thanks!

Diva said...

I love your wedding pin-up photo ! :)
Many happy wishes !

Casey said...

Oh! I can't wait to see the rest of the wedding photos! You look so glamorous. :)

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

You look so elegant, even in your undergarments!
I love a merry widow. =)

lpm

Catherine Shu said...

I love merry widows! Your wedding colors are so beautiful... everything looks fantastic. Congratulations again!

sarah said...

What a pretty merry widow and what a lucky find! The photos are so glamorous, and your wedding bouquet is absolutely exquisite. (hydrangeas are divine!) Lovely, as always!

NodtoMod Vintage said...

total bombshell glamor! the hair...lips...gorgeous! xo

Maria Confer said...

You look so gorgeous! I really want a corset like that!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

How fanatically lovely! There's a sort of pin-up meets girl-next-door vibe that's so endearingly beautiful about these shots.

Cannot wait to see more from the wedding, and must wish you both huge, joyful congrats again!

Oodles of hugs, sweetie!
♥ Jessica

Twila Jean said...

August could not believe his eyes when we came to the blog this morning. OH my.. I had to cover them!! lol. He wanted to know where solanahs clothes were. HAHAHAHAHA

you look good, Hope you had a wonderful wedding, I had a great time watching it unfold :)

DearBitsy said...

This is totally unrelated to this post, but I love your hair! I have a short pixie, but after following your blog for the past few weeks and I'm totally inspired to grow out my hair into big curls!
I'm also inspired to have a blog, maybe I'll start one when school starts up!

Solanah said...

Kelly Anne, I would try ebay, but it's taken me years to find one in my size and price range.

Haha! Don't flag me Shayla!

Bitsy, I used to have a pixie cut too! Well, more Audrey Hepburn, but growing it out was such a pain! Well worth it though ;)

Andrea Eames said...

You look so glamorous here! Not that that's in any way unusual. Just beautiful.

Sandra @ Debutanteclothing.com said...

I vote for that back shot to be your new avatar EVERYWHERE! OMG. You're gorgeous. Lucky Sam.

Miriam Parkman said...

Oh oh oh this is just so beautiful!

Mary Van Note said...

Gorgeous. I have to echo Bitsy. But instead of growing my hair out, you've inspired me to cut my hair off! I love your hairstyle.

p.s. May I re-post your photo on my blog? I want to rave about you and your hair.

Solanah said...

Thanks Mary ;)

Go for it!

Micaela said...

you are just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
i found your fashion blog via the english muse.

you are sooo pretty!!!
i just had to tell you :)

the shoppe owner said...

Glamorous. Completely lovely, too :O)